Saturday, May 10, 2014

Cousin Laura Getting Married Today

Today's news is that Joan and I will be heading to Simi Valley for my cousin Laura Natoli's wedding.  She and her loving partner Rebecca LoMonaco will be tying the knot this afternoon at their home.  It promises to be a happy occasion attended by Natolis and friends from all over.  My sister Toni is flying in from Seattle, and Aunt Mary Jane, Laura's mom, will be getting up from her recent bout of pneumonia to be there.  Joan and I will be meeting with daughters Marie and Jeanette and Marie's husband Robert beforehand for a little Mother's Day festivity.

This is our first official family same sex wedding.  It's great to see our state, California, embracing and recognizing people's love without discrimination any more, and it's wonderful to see the acceptance and good wishes of family members old and young.  I hope to have a follow up entry with some pictures. 

No comments: